Why It Matters
First impressions are everything, and education is no different. A high-quality early learning experience sets the tone for a child's lifelong learning.
Excellent early learning programs give children:
- A safe, nurturing learning environment provided by qualified, trained staff.
- Age-appropriate activities to help children learn skills that lead to school readiness.
- A chance to play with other children and learn about sharing, cooperation and making friends... …all important skills that a child will use throughout life.
- Nutritious meals/snacks and opportunities for active play to encourage healthy eating habits and exercise.
- An environment where parents can ask questions and share ideas.